Saturday, April 24, 2010

Graduation Speech

Thank God for the virtual pulpit, virtual microphone and hopefully, the virtual audience of my valediction.

Regret is so passe I don't want to turn back the hands of time to change what has already been said and done. And the promise of making up in the future is an overrated bitter remark.

At the end of the day, what matters is NOW.

This is you, this is me. This is what happened. This is what we ought to be.

But what I really wanted to say is, thank you for making my four years of University life colorful--as in the entire spectrum of rainbow.

To my first friend, Paul Gerald, whom I have not heard of since he transferred to UP Manila,

to my first family, EJ, Jovan, JB, Jowi, Yana, Cake, Mommy Marvee and the rest of the UP Circle of Research Enthusiasts (Kuya Arlen and company),

to my first classmates,

to my first roommate, Lizzie,

to my first study group, the OSG (Jau, Ardee, Ate Leng, John, Carole, Ayah and Gucci), and to our Math 17 teacher,

to my first uno, under Dr. Evasco,

to my org, the UP Journalism Club, co-apps, FR-batchmates, co-EB, Intepeepz, katambayans, the alumni and JC friends,

to my other org, UP Christian Brotherhood, that managed to still keep me on the list despite delinquencies and all,

to my Journ blockmates (Go K5!) and batchmates,

to Ate Racqs, Ma'am Chua, Sir Edson, Sir Vlad, Sir Guio, Sir Hudson,

to Zorro, Ate and Kuya Photocopy, Maskom Siomai-yan and Cantunan,

to all my other classmates, teachers and friends,

to the library staff members, the Gloria's people,

to the Skywalk, Sunken Garden, Mang Larry's Isawan, Isawan @ Law Center parking lot, Rodic's and Shopping Center,

to the Econ Lib,

to the Acad Oval,

to Oble,

to Kule,

to TnP,

to the UP Form 5, long prerog and manual enlistment lines, payment lines,

to the UP Fighting Maroons, Pep Squad, Judo Team and Street Dance Club,

to the Sablay,

to the sunflowers,

thanks you a million folds.

My life could have not been complete without you.

Life really sucks when you're unappreciated. But then again, somewhere in this universe, somebody smiles because of you.

To the graduates of 2010, let's open our eyes, the door of the real world has opened for us. Let's celebrate. Let's rejoice. Let's live our lives to the fullest!

And whatever your heart is yearning for, may you find it in the other side of that door.

Congratulations!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share