Thursday, August 27, 2009

My pursuit of happyness

Maybe Christopher Gardner was right, maybe happiness is something we can only pursue but we can never actually have.

I think I now understand why I have always been in love with cartoons, amusement parks, Peter Pan, McDonald's Happy Meal and kids. The kids' happy aura emanates from within. Anything that has to do with childhood reminds me to smile and be jovial about life.

But happiness coming from within me is nowhere to be found.

Maybe because I'm getting old that my contentment is not any more bound by getting free ice cream or lollipop from my mom while we are walking down the street. I am not any more delighted when a clown on a party tried to play his magic trick. For a while I am amused, for another, I worry about tomorrow's deadlines and dues, the clutter inside my bedroom, my finances and what will happen to my country in the future.

Now, is it possible to age without growing up and still staying sane?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share