Monday, April 5, 2010

Prickly sunshine heat

All my life, I'm under the microscopic scrutiny of a curse called limelight. All my life, I wish for mediocrity. But then again, when it came true, I realized that I feel so much better being at the top. Especially when I know that some persons who have taken my place do not deserve it. It's just that they were so lucky they got it. Call me bitter and I don't mind. It's true. But maybe, nobody can blame me. And perhaps, nobody would really understand me.

You see, people judge people at face value. They commend achievements and pity failures. They group people into two, the achievers and the failures. No in-betweens. And it is so much easier to thank people who congratulate you than explain what had happened and why you lost. Their skepticism on how you got your medal is easier to take than their outright conclusion why you fail--either you're not really good or you're fucked up.

No matter how many times I say that I don't see the point in proving others what I can do because I know myself better than anybody else, it will always be painful to know that somebody you love has expected so much from you and yet you failed them.

Then you think, now, where's happiness?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share