Friday, October 15, 2010

I came from a family of superstars: Pop and his multiple lives (Part 3 of 4)

At this very moment, my pop is in the hospital, with all those tubes and machines. Probably he's been sedated again to be able to sleep.

By the grace of the Divine Providence, he'll be okay in a few days and everything will go back to normal.



Pop and the rest of the family (tiger not icluded)
Of course he will. Like those first 8 (or were there already 9?) times we sent him to the hospital.

My father is known to almost all of my friends, especially those who are really close to me. He jokes (however corny), he smiles a lot, he plays with them (especially with kids) and talks to them. And hey, he adds my friends on Facebook!

I used to joke about him getting old and finally getting his senior citizen's ID (which will be next year). I almost always say, "Fathers, may discount na tayo sa Jollibee!" And he always answer, "Seasoned citizen! Hindi senior!"

And with him, life is a little more bearable--together with Mr. Bean, Bossing Vic, Eat Bulaga, Dolphy and Eddie Peregrina's Portrait of my Love (tama ba, sa kaniyang kanta yan?).

He's a father like no one else. He's old, (yes, kinda. Haha!) but he's a child at heart--jovial and serious all at the same time. I just wished, more than his looks (though I must admit, I'm the better-looking version. ;p) , I also got his diligence and OC-ness--that CDCP (Check. Double check. Cross check. Post check.).

But the best thing about him being my father is that he never ever ever ever made me feel like we have a problem. Everyday is a good day to look forward to. There's hope and everything will turn out to be just fine. We just have to have faith.

Note: NOTE: This series is a four-part blog entry that tells something about each member of the Panela family and why they're a bunch of superstars. :-) 
 Part 1: Potpot the little beauty queen
 Part 2: My Mama is a Super Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share