Sunday, November 28, 2010

I came from a family of superstars: Superduper Totoy Beebo (The Ultraelectromagnetic Final Installment, Part 4 of 4)

I think I will have to wait for almost 30 days more to see Totoy Beebo, the greatest brother in the world.


Everyone agrees whenever I say I am the luckiest bunso for having him as a brother. By kindergarten, I learned to listen to (and eventually love) the music of Eraserheads and Rivermaya. By elementary, I learned that he, afterall, loves me--after taking care of me one day when I threw up so hard while he actually punished me to stay inside my room and not to eat. (I think he panicked that time.)

By highschool, I realized that while my brother is an athlete, I should conc ede to being just a dork. He tried teaching me volleyball and chess. No good. I have poor hand and mind coordination. And I don't have the patience to sit in front of a chess board for more than 3 minutes.

We talk geek. We talk street. We talk about history. We talk about science. We talk about life. We talk about love. (And that infamous song, "Kaibigan lang pala..."). I remember watching Lion King inside our parents' bedroom. I remember recording episodes of Ghost Fighter for him (while everybody else in our house watched Esperanza). I remember him cooking meals for the two of us when everybody's out.

I remember everyday I was punished to stay inside my room, everyday I was punched in the shoulders, everyday I was told to wear this and that and act like this or that, to do this and that. I remember hating him. I remember missing him. I remember staying up so late talking with him just because he got busted.

I also remember him screaming "Mama, si Shaira o!" because I squirt water using empty syringe threatening to use it to him. (Yes, he's afraid of needles and injections. LOL.)

But most of all, I remember him calling my mom during the first few days of his stay abroad. He told her, "Ma, huwag mo pagagalitan masyado si Shaira. Pag tinopak yan hindi yan magsasalita. Baka lumayas. Ayaw niya pinagagalitan."

And he actually called me that week, just to say he saw Anthony Taberna in church.

And maybe, even when he gets married, I'd still love to wash his undies and polish his shoes. Anyway, I know he's going to give me a MacBook Air and an iPod. *wink wink*

Note: NOTE: This series is a four-part blog entry that tells something about each member of the Panela family and why they're a bunch of superstars. :-) 
 Part 1: Potpot the little beauty queen
 Part 2: My Mama is a Super Momma
 Part 3: Pop and his multiple lives (Part 3 of 4)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share