Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The end is near

Alternate title: My last post for 2010

This is not my best year. But it isn't a year in waste, either. I'd like to thank all the people, events and supernatural powers that brought me here. Thank y'all!

But for now, here's my take on 2010:

  • Books could be anyone's best bud, travel bud especially. I fell in love the err… (insert number here) time around with reading. Thanks to the encouragement and influence by my workmates.
  • This year, I tried to be as philosophical as I can with everything, especially life. It’s pretty much like photography, as they say, even with one subject, you can come up with different photos, because you can have different perspectives. It’s one of the gifts of age and an indication of maturity. The deeper your field, the clearer your focus will be.
  • On the other hand, some of the most important things in life are actually learned early on. The simple joys of childhood are the most sincere of all the kinds of happiness. It’s not so bad to be Peter Pan once in a while.
  • Cleaning my room, table and work area is therapeutic. It gives me a semblance of order. Problems may not yet be solved; tasks may not yet be fully accomplished. But to declutter my space is to free myself of the worries and pressures.
  • Self-sufficiency might be lonely, but that’s what family and friends here for. I’ve had falling out with some of the closer friends I have. But maybe, Time is just telling me that their contract has finished. I have to sign other people into my life. I actually did. In fact, some came back after being gone for a long gone.
  • Idealism can only go so far. Reality is not a vacuum. Frustration comes when one can’t seem to compromise one with the other.
  • There are no small or minor roles in a play. There are only small actors. Desiderata taught me to be humble and content with my present career. The Divine Providence might have better plans.
  • Insecurity may bring the best in some people. I have always remembered what my CW10 teacher said in class after our writing exercise: have someone to look up to. To feel that you’re not the best is to raise your own standards, so you want to get past that standard and excel.
  • Going with the current is only as safe as going against it; either you'll be brought somewhere (familiar or not) or you get stuck in the middle of the ocean. Be careful, there are sharks below. *wink wink*
  • There are people and things we love to hate. And the world is incomplete without them.
  • In some situations, “I don’t know” is a taboo. Research. Educate yourself. Try. Whether you succeed in answering the (or a) question or not, you’ll learn about something.
  • Chronology is sooo much easier to determine than to prove the causal relationship of events. Stop blaming others. Move on.
  • Also, putting the blame to someone is different from holding someone accountable for something. One is by force, the other is just a reminder of one's responsibility.
  • Social relevance is not compulsory. So is fashion (as in current popular style). Even when people tell they care, half of them don't while the other half forget what they see/say after a few minutes.
  • There’s nothing so highfalutin about Physics. Believe me—as everything you see, hear, feel and smell has something to do with it. And it’s never too late to learn. Quantum mechanics, anyone?
  • Money can only take you so far. The power of faith is immeasurable. I have believed in miracles since 2006.
  • The true tests of patience? MRT, Internet connection and sexlife love life.


Ciao 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share