Friday, March 4, 2011

Alphabet of Plans 2.0

I made a list like this almost two years ago. A lot of things happened between the day I decided to write my goals and this day. I kept on changing my mind over one thing or the other. But then again, I believe making a list is helpful. It keeps track of my goals and what I have achieved so far—and also, the current status of my sanity.

Target duration: within 1-7 years

Plan A:
-Save some money, help my family
-Enroll in a Physics degree (or Applied Physics)
-Write in a respectable news organization about science
-Save some more money, buy a car, fund my parents’ retirement, help other family members if I can, travel

Plan B:
-Save some money, help my family
-Get a scholarship for a Science Journalism MA degree, apply and enroll
- Write in a respectable news organization about science (Dude, I’m actually thinking about New Scientist, Time, The Economist here.)
-Save some more money, buy a car, fund my parents’ retirement, help other family members if I can, travel

Plan C:
-Save some money, help my family
-Take a decent photography/photojournalism course
-Take subjects in science: Physics, Math, Biology
-Take MA in Media Studies (which should include a scholarship grant)
-Teach and write at the same time
-Create a small news organization specializing on science and technology
-Save some more money, buy a car, fund my parents’ retirement, help other family members if I can,  travel

Plan D:
-Save some money, help my family
-Take courses in Filipino, History, Physics
-Take MA in Media Studies or Journalism
-Build a Filipino news organization--Filipino broadsheet with other Journ friends (Hello to Paulo Tomacder. This is our dream.)
-Save some more money, buy a car, fund my parents’ retirement, help other family members if I can,  travel

And hopefully, within this year, or the next, I could:
-Buy (or be given) an MP3 player where I can also watch movies and play games (it should also have WiFi connectivity)
-Subscribe to The Economist, New Scientist, Reader's Digest, NatGeo, The New Yorker
-Buy extra battery pack, lens hood, wide-angle lens, zoom lenses for my Beau (camera)

I'm bouncing back, well at least, I'm trying.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share